Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Book Store Visit

It wouldn't be Spring Break without a visit to Barnes and Noble.  Woot! Woot!  I'm now the proud owner of 4 new books.  My wallet says, "Ouch!"...but isn't that the life of a teacher?



The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child and Reading in the Wild: The Book Whisperer's Keys to Cultivating Lifelong Reading Habits by Donaylyn Miller
Thanks #4thchat for the book suggestions. 

The Literacy Cookbook by Sarah Tantillo

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen



Here is a sneak peak of Where is My Hat.

After watching the movie "Non-Stop" last night at Movie Bistro, I'm excited to have a good book to read on my flight home this weekend.  I think a book will keep my mind occupied instead of studying the other passengers to see who is a potential hijacker.  Although, studying the passengers might be more entertaining...and could help me get creative juices flowing for a great writing piece. FYI, Non-Stop is a MUST SEE.  It will keep you in suspense until the very end.

If you have a great educational book or anchor text to share please leave a comment below.  I'm always looking for great books to read and share.


No comments:

Post a Comment