Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Technology has Changed the Way I Teach

Internet connectivity in my classroom yesterday was what I would call problematic.  If you were thinking that is typical for the Internet you would be incorrect (HUGE shout out to the tech department in my school district). Yesterday, March 7th, was the first day during this school year that our classroom had connection issues.  In my opinion, that is impeccable...if only my home Internet had such an outstanding record.

Due to plan A, plan B, plan C, and so forth during the day yesterday; once again I am reflecting on technology (I know, I know...I can't stop reflecting). My first intuition was, “Oh my goodness, I had no idea I used technology so much.  I teach instrumentally different now.”  It is no secret that good educators teach differently today than they did yesterday. For me, my teaching philosophy has changed more in the past year than it has during any single year in my 19 years of education and it's all because of the technology in our classroom.

Over the next few weeks I will be blogging about how technology has truly transformed the way I teach (and learn). My blog posts will encompass topics about:
·       Project based learning
·       Professional development
·       Collaboration
·       Connecting to the world
·       Curriculum
·       Making data driven decisions
·       Assessments
·       Online student portfolios
·       How to get started


All of these are certainly not new concepts to the world of education.  My goal is to simply interject my thoughts on how these topics intertwined with the world of technology has changed the way I teach and the opportunities for ALL my students.

1 comment:

  1. Excited to read what you have to say. I can't believe how much teaching has changed this year for so many also.

    ReplyDelete