Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fancying 4th = Strange Name

Welcome to Fancying Fourth & Trendy Tech. You may be thinking to yourself, "Fancying Fourth, what a strange name for a blog."  I tend to agree and must admit that when thinking about a name for this blog my first thought was "funky fourth".  Being a teacher with common sense I of course went straight to the dictionary to make sure there was not a strange meaning for the word "funky" that I was overlooking. This is what I found ...






Although I must admit that "having an offensive odor" could at times be a perfect definition for my 4th grade classroom, it wasn't portraying the positive image I was looking for. I decided to start at the top of the letter F on my Merriam-Webster app and try again. Shortly after beginning my search this is what I found...





Absolutely perfect!


  • I have a fancy for (like) fourth grade...let's just go ahead and say I LOVE fourth grade.
  • I have an image and can visualize that each of my students will be successful.
  • I am devoted to instill in my students the ability to believe in themselves, learn to achieve and master expectation by using 21st century technology advancements, and become confident lifetime learners.


My classroom was recently awarded a classroom set of iPads (22), a big screen TV, and Apple TV.  Our classroom also has a Smartboard and document camera.  This technology will guide my students down an unending path.  I can't wait to see where the path takes us on our journey.

My students may come into my classroom fancying fourth grade but my hope is they leave with an unwavering belief (not just an image) that they CAN and WILL succeed.   With the resources and tools they use in fourth grade nothing can stop them.

This blog will be a place to share 4th grade ideas, trendy tech, and other great ways to help "our" kids be successful.

So from my classroom to yours...


Welcome to my blog!

Mrs. Huff

No comments:

Post a Comment