Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Today I Became a Substitute

Wow, did I get your attention with that title?  I'm so excited as I write this post.  You might ask, "Mrs. Huff, why are you excited about becoming a substitute?" Because...I'm going to be MY OWN substitute.  "Huh?"  Let me explain.

I'm going to be out of my classroom later this week for a meeting.  With the help of the new modern technology in my classroom, I will be my own sub for my writing lesson.  How cool is that?

This is the first time I've videoed myself teaching. I have to admit I was a little nervous.  Please be aware that I would make several changes next time I become my own sub.

Take a look and remember I'm talking to 4th grade students.



Making the video was so easy.  I took video clips using the iPad camera.  Then, I transferred the clips and edited them on the iPad using the iMovie app.  It really was so easy.

I hope my students enjoy the lesson as much as I enjoyed making it for them.  I can't wait to find out how the lesson goes?

No comments:

Post a Comment